The Sunshine Blogger Award
Get ready for a two post week guys! I woke up this morning from a notification from Twitter that I was excited and honored to receive. I was nominated as a sunshine blogger by the wonderful blog My Big Fat Greek Lifestyle. I had seen many bloggers get nominated but had no idea what it was or the purpose. After researching the award I knew I wanted to get this post out there as soon as possible so more of you could get to know me!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers
to bloggers who inspire positivity and joy.
My 11 questions
- Where’s your favorite country to travel to and why? I haven’t had the chance to travel outside of the country before, but if I could I would love to make it to Scotland or England. My family on my dad’s side is descended from Scotland and eventually moved to England (years ago). My grandma is from Bath and my grandpa from Bristol so I would love to visit (I think it’s why I’m so good at translating British speak from you bloggers across the pond!).
- If there was a piece of music you had to listen to forever, what would it be? Oh my gosh, I don’t know if I can answer this one! There are so many songs coming to mind right now. I feel like I would pick something classical without words. Probably Johann Sebastian Bach’s Cello Suite No.1 in G major. If you look it up you’ll recognize it. It’s a very short piece but there is just something about it.
- What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage? I am a SUCKER for a good Pina Colada (and getting caught in the rain). Strawberry Daiquiri comes in as a real close second.
- What made you decide to blog? I’ve always been interested in blogging and had a few before this one but never found the right niche. When I started this one, I wanted to bring awareness to mental health and decided to do it through blogging in a light creative way that made people feel like they could talk about it.
- Where would you like to travel to next? My friends and I are planning to do our first half marathon in Rehoboth beach Delaware in December (I say first like we’ve run before, we haven’t)!
- Have you been to Greece? If so tell me where! Does in my dreams count? Haha! I would love to visit Athens because I am a huge history buff.
- Would you rather travel to hot or cold countries and why? I would rather travel to a colder county because like I always say, you can always add layers but after a while, you run out of ones to take off.
- Are you doing your dream job? I am not currently doing my dream job but I am on my way! I want to counsel professional athletes, particularly football players and specifically for the Steelers. I am currently working on my Master’s degree in counseling and then will be going into a Ph.D. program for sports counseling.
- What book have you read over and over? This question is funny since I was nominated by My Big Fat Greek Lifestyle! I was given The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (one of the characters is of Greek descent and visits her grandparents in Greece in the book) when I was ten and have read it every time my friends and I get into a fight or one of us moves away to remind me that friendships can withstand anything if you have the right group of girls by your side.
- What’s your go-to activity when you’re feeling down? My go-to activity is to lay in bed and binge watch Supernatural. For those of you who don’t know the show, It is The CW’s longest-running show at 14 seasons about brothers who travel the county hunting monsters from urban legends. The show is a good mixture of drama and comedy. I usually start with the same comedic episode every time Yellow Fever where one of the brothers gets haunted and becomes irrationally afraid of everything.
- If you could be the star of a film, which film would it be? I would love to be Captain Marvel in the new Marvel movie coming out next year. I love everything Marvel so I would also take being a side character in an Avengers movie also. Or you know what, no Captain America’s girlfriend. THAT’S who I want to be.
- Pink Aesthetic
- Alternatively Speaking
- Amy Jane
- Tape Parade
- Alys Journals
- Blue Jay of Happiness
- It’s Indi
- Jenny in Neverland
- Captured By Sydney
- Sparkle and Style
- Eclair’s Cares
- How did you choose your niche?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- What are your favorite color combinations and why?
- What is your favorite meal?
- How do you take care of your mental health?
- What is your favorite outfit worn by you or someone else?
- What is the farthest place you have ever been from your hometown?
- If someone came to visit your town, where would you tell them to go or what activity to do?
- If you had to only use one social media app for the rest of your life which one would it be?
- What three songs make up your soundtrack right now?
- If you had to have a tv show or movie on a loop for a week, what would it be?